problems with firefox and maxcoderz

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

the_unknown_one
Calc Master

hmm

Post by the_unknown_one »

If you want to make it compatible with all browsers, use Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004, a error checker for all browsers (i think) is included. Just open up the page u want to get checked and then pess the button to check, easy as that :lol:
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

If only web design were so simple...
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

notepad, my brain and w3c are the only validation I use.

I recently (as in last week) re-vamped my website. My webhosting expired and I switched to a new host. Instead of sifting through a week old backup to try and restore everything I just started new. I never worried about validation or correct code format before, but it takes like 5 minutes to learn and correct little errors.

I also found a neat little program called Top Style Lite. It helps a lot with writing your css, and has lists of all the different delclarations you could use. It helps a lot if you're learning.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Validation just ensures you have a syntactically correct document structure. Unfortunately it doesn't give much clue whether the design actually works on the field.
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

well for that I can just load the page and see for myself.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Then you're already past 'just w3c', debugging away. And that's how it is most of the time.