Nintendo Revolution Revealed?!

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

It looks like we have another member over on the dark side :-P . I still havent gotten one yet but Ive tested one and it is sweet! Gotta save up the money for one!
Madskillz wrote:Oh and I haven't been able to get the disk to pop out, I hold my PSP completely down and apply a twisting motion, nothing. Looks like it was fixed for the US launch!
Yea, the Japanese version is the only one where the discs pop out. It was fixed for the US version

but Cobra on the PSP? Sweet...

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

And unfaithful to the z80, shame.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Shame on you! :no: :no:
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

i don't think anyone could pay convince me to buy a psp...unless of course they offered me a dollar :twisted: jk if someone gave me one id sell it im looking for the gb evolution
Reginald Tucker (Gimpynerd) www.gimpynerd.com
Amateur Programmer / Game Designer

Want to learn Z80 assembly? E-mail me at gimpynerd@gmail.com to set up a time for lessons!
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

The PSP looks far cooler and less gimmicky than the DS. If I had to make a choice, I'd go for the PSP.

Saying that, it's Sony so would probably fall apart in 3 weeks. You just can't win. *picks up Game Gear and plays round of Sonic :D *
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

Personally, I think the GBA is the best portable (enormous library, excellent battery life).

PSP - Load times, battery life, expensive games, no thanks.
DS - wtf? Let's see it used well. It could be good.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

gimmicky?....well yeah. But the touchscreen is actually useful and not as hard to use as most might think. Touchscreen plus Mini-games equals fun. The metroid demo was a bit akward but I've seen worse controls for console games. Really it's just like adding a mouse and more screen.

Besides you still have the gba library of games.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

I think the control in the metroid demo is excellent using the stylus.. feels precise like a mouse. The DS brings anew whereas the PSP brings nothing new other than a few extra stuff you can plug into it. Bah.

Anyways to get back on topic (are we EVER on topic? :P), something I noticed is that when it transitions from the DS model to the in-game sequence of the castle, it does the same exact intro camera movements up until where the pipe would pop up.. but no lakitu, and afaik the scene is rendered exactly the same as the n64 version, so either someone remodeled it (or ripped the data from the n64 rom) or nintendo did it; also thus far I've never seen an emulator display the trees correctly.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I honestly fail to see what was so incredible about the "fractal castle" thing - it looked like an old rotozoomer gone 3D :roll:
DarkAuron wrote:...are we EVER on topic? :P...
This is the "off topic" forum. The idea of a post is to start off a conversation. Who knows where it leads. The only problem here are the... slightly trigger-happy moderators? :lol:
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

The video is still to pretty for me to believe that it was just a prank or a dreamer. It must be real to some extent, atleast nintendo made the video, but the actual console won't be made.

Then again it does fit the description of being revolutionary.

This is the "off topic" forum. The idea of a post is to start off a conversation. Who knows where it leads. The only problem here are the... slightly trigger-happy moderators?
Hehe
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Jim e wrote:The video is still to pretty for me to believe that it was just a prank or a dreamer.
There are a lot more talented amateurs than you clearly give credit for...
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

guess your right ben.
link

I still think it looks very professional and honestly looked like the style nintendo would do.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well yeah, it has to be fake as i was just watching 'welcom to the Jungle' with the Rock and Sean William Scott and as the credits started rolling i noticed that the music sounded awfully familiar ... !!! ... it was from the video!

Cool music though. But i think Nintendo would make their own music for a promo. I cant wait to see what the Revolution 'really' is :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

It is fake. This is an official press message from Nintendo:
Big things to come in small package

Nintendo, the world leader in video game innovation, stated loud and clear that they are not to be overlooked in the next generation home console race with the revelation of several unique features of the company's next console system, code name Revolution, to key media outlets. According to the early information, Revolution will combine powerful technology and gaming-focused features in Nintendo's smallest home game console yet.

In its final form, Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer. The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.

Thanks to Nintendo's hardware development partners IBM and ATI, the small system will be packed with power that will enable it to wow players with its graphics. Nintendo's legions of loyal fans will be happy to learn that Revolution will be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 3-inch disks along with its own standard, double-layered DVD disks in the same self-loading media drive.

In the next generation, the addition of the Internet will be important to all consoles and particularly important to Nintendo. Revolution will be wireless Internet ready out of the box.

There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months, but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system. Get ready for the Nintendo Revolution in 2006!
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yeah i read that too (and before i posted this story) ... as i was still skeptical. Now i can say that it is a fake, but an awesome one at that :).

microsoft have said that Nintendo will be a niche player and wont have much of an effect this generation. But i have read that sony and Nintendo have some nice tricks up their sleeves to put ms back in there place.

We will have to wait until E3 to find out :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."