The [revived] debate thread!

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Kindergarden? thats a bit young. Most of those I know didn't start having problems till they were teenagers, something like 14 or 15.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

I started biting myself and scratching my self...I was very violent and that was a way to keep out of trouble. New topic: Secondary education...why the hell doesnt the government regualte collage fees (the cost just keeps rising and at a ridiculous rate that is starting to cause hostility (parents shooting coaches for benching their scholarship opportunities, honor students hanging them selves (that happend at our school last semister) and so on)
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Well, in Quebec we dont have much pb for school fees, as they are paid by governement. It cost approximately $1000 per year to go to public college and $10000-15000 per year to go to university. Still expensive though... :P
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

hell of alot better than here (at one of the cheapest community colleges it is about $365.00 a calss exluding lab fees and all registrations)...do you have to be a permenant resident to get that deal?
Canada also gets cheaper drugs...which Americans cant import from Canada for what ever reason COUGH*DRUGLOBIEST*COUGH. If you get a perscription form a vet (for the exact same medicine as a person's) it also will be less expensive for who knows why. This country needs another Clinton, maybe with a H in her name.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

This country needs another Clinton, maybe with a H in her name.
Damm straight. I can't believe they put Kerry up against Bush, who the hell were you supposed to vote for there, 3rd party, yeah right and just throw your vote away.

I hope Hillary does run, I think she would win and become the first women president.

Wait, no girls come to these forums, right?

I still worry that her female issuse will get in the way of her being president, all those hormones and emotions, they just get in the way.
Then theres the fact the women are just inferior to men. But still shes better than another republican president.

THERE DEBATE THAT!! ***runs and hides***
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

I have a single thing to say to that: Je suis long, au moins en Europe {bablefish translation}
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

necro wrote:my sister is doing it now to...but the weird thing is I started doing it in kindergardenm because I otherwise would bite/hurt people.
wtf? I would never harm myself...
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Leumas
Extreme Poster

Post by Leumas »

"This thread was great to read through...
It started with invading Iran and now we are talking about stabbing ourselves (which I tried, hated the pain, blood tasted good, thought I was a vampire for 2 months (real reason, toooooo High blood sugar)), Now we are talking about the next president.
As far as that goes:
::Deep breath::
::Exhales and forgot what was gonna say::
If H. Clinton does run for President I have two perdictions to make.
1) The Republicans will run Rice so they can claim both female back (you know they would)
2) That if any senator is elected they will be replaced by a republican (Imagine what would have happened with Kerry being elected, the house and the Senate would have so many republicans they could override vetos
Anyways this was a great way to waste my free period in school and destroy any chance at future sane thought
::Classic Anime Vitory Pic:: (You guys know the ones with the peace symbols)
(Bitte, konnen wir in English sprechen?)
(I think thats german, one of my friends wrote it)
There is no place like 127.0.0.1
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I am not sure what to think after reading the first few sentences of your post Leumas...
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Man, people get put off by self mutilation topic, yet everyone has an opion about baby killing, "Oh, it's okay to kill a child with vacum." or "The mother should want to die for child, even if shes 12 years old."

The fact is, self mutilation isn't bottom of the barrel. Deppersion can lead to far far worst things. I know a common one for girls is anorexia, but unlike the stick figures you might see on day time talk shows, more them are normal girls that look really sick, usually have brusies. You can't say anything about their looks, not even a complement.

One thing I heard was from sister when she worked in the ER was about a 12 year old girl, she was all cut up and histarical. My sister was finally able to get her to talk, and she found out that the 12 year old tried to kill her bothers and the rest of family, she absolutely hated them and wanted them to die, But she didn't know why.

This stuff happens alot more often than you would think, despite the fact that society trys to sweep it under the rug. If you have ten or more friends I would bet a great deal that one of them is or was deppressed severely, you might not know it because most people can hide it.

But this is clearly a topic, that most want to steer from. so I'll go back to the other.

As far as I am concerned I will vote for Clinton.

Man, no cared about what I said about girls. I was joking, but what does that say about everyone else?? :convicting Eyes:
Mortal-God

Post by Mortal-God »

If Hillary gets the democratic nomination in 2008, I will definately be voting for her. I would like to see a female president it really shows our evolution. However, I don't think she will make it that far. Unfortunately I think there are still too many people that arn't ready to embrace a female president as well as those who are just opposed to her veiwpoints.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

I don't know, How bout we make a poll and ask how many would vote for hillary, How many wouldn't, and how many would vote for anyone but bush.

But my dis-like for repulicans may be influencing my vote.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Finally! A real topic again!

I don't think Hillary would make it out of the primaries. The party just doesn't see her as being 'electable.' The same thing bumped Howard Dean down to 3rd place back in Wisconsin (I guess you could say it was his...primary mistake; heh heh). Though I'm certain if she ran, a lot of people would vote for her just for the symbolism.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Leumas
Extreme Poster

Post by Leumas »

First off:
tr1p1ea wrote:I am not sure what to think after reading the first few sentences of your post Leumas...
Dude I think you are starting to read toooo much into things. You can't tell me you never thought you were a super hero or something, so I thought I was a vampire, I got over it. (And stopped eating refined sugar)

Second:
Jim e wrote:Man, no cared about what I said about girls. I was joking, but what does that say about everyone else??
I think anyone who has ever had a girlfriend knows better that to make comments about them without them looking over your shoulder to tell you how wrong you are.

On to the topic (i have noticed these are the longest posts short of programing files ::Nursing Fingers::)

If Hillary does accept the nomination...(Thats another debate right there) she will not get elected for several major reason.
1)She is a woman (does not apply is Rice is also running)
Though it would be seen as a breakthrough for the American democracy (Which is a Representative Democracy not a true democracy)
Many males will not vote for her because they are close minded.
Many Females will not vote for her because, lets face the truth, woman are VERY competitive.
2)More than 50% of the nation voted for Bush (More than Clinton EVER got for either of his terms) So the Republicans are still in charge
3)Most Democrats I know (this is the ones I know I go to a liberal all-guy school so this is not a dis of democrats in general) who are male get very uptight about being told what to do by a girl
4)To run for president she would need to have clear stances on things, but she hasn't set any ( she is always changing her mind because of new info or something like that)
5)Who would be her running mate? Really who can you put with H. Clinton that complements her but isn't whitehouse overkill

These are a couple, I have more but that would take to long to type
There is no place like 127.0.0.1
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Leumas wrote:(Which is a Representative Democracy not a true democracy)
Leumas, I think you're the first person I've met online who's acknowledged this. Keep it up! :worship:
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]