A new interpreted language for Ti 83+ ??

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I also dont get why so many people hate ASMGURU ... its a good reference, plus its also what i used to primarily learn the basics of ASM. And i didnt turn out 'completely' useless now did i :).

Back on-topic ... have you uploaded the interpereter to ticalc.org? As Michael_V said that he might make a news article about it but it needs to actually be available at ticalc.org first.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Yes, a marvellous reference. Random quote:
bit - Returns the value of the trait/function (on/off).
Surprising? Let's see the detailed explanation:
You should be able to understand everything but the 'bit grfpolarm,(iy+grfmodeflags)'etc. stuff. Now, although I don't really understand the fundamentals behind the command, I do know this. Bit checks whether the 'place' that is specified after is set or reset (using the 'set' and 'res' commands, respectively).
For instructions I recommend Devin Gardner's z80_refe.txt, while ROM calls (which we never use anyway :D) are best described in Henk Poley's reference (for the 83).
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well ASMGURU wasnt written by an expert so you can expect taht kind of stuff.

I use Devin Gardner's z80_refe.txt, it is an excellent document. I rarely use romcalls.
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

I also learned via ASMGURU, at that time it was better then nothing. Although it caused me to whine and beg alot to certain people to explain me stuff. From my point of view ASM28pd is better with independent z80 guide by CoBB as more detailed reference.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

28 days is what a primarly use. It has an excellent quick loopkup common functions and (the new version) even thought me some new stuff about certain conditionals.

My inmissable source of instruction set information is "z80.txt" by SHIAR, I couldnt code without it. While coding I use it once every few minutes!
It has a few minor bugs though.
Comikal

Post by Comikal »

how do you make programs into apps? Also, kuda, can you release an rpl-program that reads fastrpl, instead of having to go through arpledit? Because if you simply run zfastrpl, it will run the program you were last editing.

If this is clear enough: I request for an app/shell or program that detects fastrpl format and can run it.
Working on my FastRPL physics sim.
Game in planning stages.
Imerion

Wow!

Post by Imerion »

Wow! This is really cool! I wish there were something similiar for the TI89...
CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

Imerion

Post by Imerion »

That is a dream come true man! I can't wait for the 89 version!
CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

your always free to vist our MLC dev forum if you want to have any input on how the language will opperate, you'll need to register in order to see the MLC area but after that you'll have full access to all our documentation and files and posts.

http://dysfunction.earthforge.com/forum/

the 89 version will be a direct port from MLCafx and MLChp, so it wont take long at all, its just a matter of getting MLChp ready atm.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I dont see much point of it being ported to the 89 and HP when you can already code with C on both of those. But still i suppose its more platforms to play with :).
CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

not on calc C is it? now that would be nice...

even so, the more calcs the better, at the very least you have a much wider audiance.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Ahh of course, i forgot about the on-calc editor :).

Anyway, please dont hi-jack this thread ... If MLC is going to be discussed heavily, could you please make its own thread :).
CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

actually there is one ;)

one last note, then please continue any future discussion here: http://joepnet.com/hosted/maxcoderz/php ... 10749daca5

the AFX is also programmable in C, thats why its such an easy transition to Hp and Ti89 (plus our head programmer actually bought an 89 for the sole purpose of porting MLC to it... ;) )