Zombie Attack

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

You could try reflashing the OS by doing: pull all batteries - backup, hold on + delete while inserting batteries, should say send OS or such which you will send it via calc or computer.
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

Yea, I agree with Kalan. If you haven't tried that give it a try. You could also ask around at UTI maybe? I dunno. Hope you can get it fixed.
Projects:
Projects:TBA-Soonish. :)
Updated 5/3/12
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

No, I'm not dead. No, this project isn't dead.

Really haven't gotten much done with this for a while, mostly been an artist's block, as I can't seem to get the following just right:
-Title Screen
-Diagonal sprites for anything, basically (the only ones I ever seemed to get done are the ones I already posted)

I've also been slowly pushing my way through the 28 days tutorial, but life really has taken most of my free time outside of school to learn it exclusively (though I have been working on some BASIC stuff in class, so I might have some projects be posted when/if I get enough stuff done on them to be tested out.

Anyway, yea. If you can help with those art problems (and manage to keep with the style I already made), I would greatly appreciate it. If not, that is fine too, as I will just work on it slowly bu surely.
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

What kind of graphics do you need?
Projects:
Updated 5/3/12
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

For the title screen, I need something that looks cool that is bascially white text on a black screen. If nobody can help with this one though, that is perfectly fine, as it isn't that important (I can whip up a cheap looking one pretty fast).

What is more important is the diagonal sprites, which includes the zombie sprites, the shotgun sprites, and the pistol reload sprites. As an example, I have the pistol diagonal for normal and firing stance done. I can't seem to be able to get the rest done, though, as my artistic skill keeps failing to cut out the right pixels to make it look good. If you can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, I've got another gamemode completed (in concept, of course), and the moment I have time to dedicate to learning ASM, I should be ready to start coding both gamemodes in.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Zombie Attack

Post by Floodkiller »

Well, despite saying so earlier, I never got around to learning assembly completely. Throughout the summer, I mostly did alot of planning for my future, as well as just relaxing from getting out of school finally. At the end of the summer when I gave my working graphing calculator to my sister to use for her math classes. I started working on other stuff, and I kind of left the calculator behind, so, unless I come back someday, this project is dead.

If you feel like picking it up, send an e-mail to floodkiller322@yahoo.com, and i'll give you all the concepts for the game (since the actual coded parts ran too slowly optimized); or, if you want to use the graphics in a game, just put my name in a credits file for them (i'll be leaving them up on photobucket, so they will pretty much stay with this thread).

Kinda sad to leave the community, but I just felt like I needed to move on, since the coding wasn't getting done for it, and unless I find another need for filler someday, probably never will. Goodbye MaxCoderz, I had a good time being in this forum for the some odd years I was here, and I hope that you guys keep making awesome stuff that will attract the next group of students in to programming.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

We at MaxCoderz wish to thankyou for the time you have spent contributing both here and the community in general. We wish you the best of luck in your endevours else where and please dont hesitate to drop by from time to time :).

Thanks again Floodkiller!
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

Would have been nice to see this come together, but ah well . Perhaps you should just post the source of what you had so someone can pick it up if they wish. Best of luck in future endeavors!
Projects:
Updated 5/3/12
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Would love to see this concept put in a game, hope you post the source or ill email you about it ;)
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Sad to see you go Floodkiller, but I know how other stuff can come up and how projects can go unfinished. Zombie Attack looked and sounded like a great idea! I hope you come back someday, and I hope you check in from time to time!

Peace,

-Madskillz
The Revolution is here...
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0bc3 ... b9a8902bda

There is a download to the previous version of Zombie Attack (the unoptimized, ASCII one I submitted to the TI-Freakware contest that went on quite a while ago), the version I was trying to update with this. It should give most of the basic concepts instead of trying to get it all out on paper.

As for anything else, as soon as I get access to a scanner, I will upload whatever concept pages I can find.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Great, I would love to see the scans when you get a chance..Or you can take pics of it :P....One way or another it will live on!