[SHATTERED OASIS] I need a title screen.

Projects that are no longer in development anymore.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

Well then. Thanks for the little tutorial on how to do that stuff.

Second, nice title screens. I'll have to see how they look on the actual calc. But feel free to come up with more ideas.

Third, SO isn't actually a sci-fi game, more of a fantasy-ish game. So maybe that'll help with the ideas.

Fourth, OmniCalc now can use that bottom-most row of pixels? Yay, another row of sprites!

Fifth, oh damn, I completely forgot about RigView! And I was actually using that already for a few pictures, too, for a more cinematic quality. The only problem is that if any button is pressed, it cancels the picture. If anything, I'd want it to cancel out when either 2nd or Enter is pressed, preferebly 2nd, as I'm trying to keep button use to the directional buttons, 2nd, and Alpha. Maybe Mode.

And sixth, I'm actually not doing all that bad on Ram. Maybe between 6000 and 10000 bytes left... And that could be increased by merging some of the pictures that are used only for sprites.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

BetaSword wrote: Fourth, OmniCalc now can use that bottom-most row of pixels? Yay, another row of sprites!

Fifth, oh damn, I completely forgot about RigView! And I was actually using that already for a few pictures, too, for a more cinematic quality. The only problem is that if any button is pressed, it cancels the picture. If anything, I'd want it to cancel out when either 2nd or Enter is pressed, preferebly 2nd, as I'm trying to keep button use to the directional buttons, 2nd, and Alpha. Maybe Mode.
Well, make sure you dont forget to specify in the readme that the game will require omnicalc 1.26 or higher :)

Hmm, well for rigview I was forgetting about the fact it was waiting for any key. Also I wish there was a version of Flash Gordon that allow you to run not only BASIC programs from flash rom but ASM programs as well. :(
ImageImageImageImage
MetalHead25
Extreme Poster

Post by MetalHead25 »

but vti only works with 1.12!
I WORSHIP THOSE WHO LIKE METAL

'MY OTHER RIDE IS YOUR MOM....'
ImageJeff Hanneman-Slayer (1991 Black Magic Video)
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

VTI rom dumper can also dump more recent rom and VTI alpha work on rom 1.14
ImageImageImageImage
MetalHead25
Extreme Poster

Post by MetalHead25 »

oh, but i have 1.16

isn't there a version of omnicalc that works with 1.12?
I WORSHIP THOSE WHO LIKE METAL

'MY OTHER RIDE IS YOUR MOM....'
ImageJeff Hanneman-Slayer (1991 Black Magic Video)
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I guess there was Omnicalc 1.00, but I dunno andits very buggy. Maybe you could try to dump your ROM 1.16 with VTI to see if it works because I only tried with 1.14.
ImageImageImageImage
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Sorry to revive this thread, but now that the xLib beta supports running even asm programs from archive, you could use Rigview for your title screen without unarchiving your picture (which is stored as an asm program on your calc, and is compressed, so it takes much less mem for 4-level gray than Basic greyscale takes for 3-level gray).

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

... Holy crap, you're right. Damn, that's awesome! I'm loving this xLIB more and more!