The origins of my pixel art

A place for graphics

Moderator: DarkAuron

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

The origins of my pixel art

Post by DarkAuron »

Some of you may have wondered how long I've been doing pixel art. I finally found out how long ago I started from reading a lost copy of my old website.
October 17th, 2002 (12:28am)
Woohoo, an update. I've started doing pixel art, just yesterday (or two days ago, since this is now thursday.. ahem..) and I was introduced to Dark Basic some time ago.
Nearly 4 years. So if you feel your pixel art is really crappy, compare the time I've been doing it to yourself, and realize that better sprites involves lots of practice.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Wow, I've only programmed the calculator for 2 years. You do make it pretty obvious that practice makes perfect. You make good sprites.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

4 years, whew thats a fair amount of time. I like making sprites and stuff ... but i dont do it that often. I have no idea and no means of finding out how long ive been doing it for :(.

I used to draw a lot, bu i stopped for many years ... i think i started pixel-art when i started Desolate (as i made the sprites/tiles first).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
L4E_WakaMol-King
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by L4E_WakaMol-King »

All my inspiration comes from Nintendo games... Pokemon, Zelda, etc. It's probably pretty obvious if you look at my sprites. IMO, Nintendo has the best pixil artists bar none. It's really an art form... to say so much with so little.
Image - Now Under Development - [Progress]
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

L4E_WakaMol-King wrote:All my inspiration comes from Nintendo games... Pokemon, Zelda, etc. It's probably pretty obvious if you look at my sprites. IMO, Nintendo has the best pixil artists bar none. It's really an art form... to say so much with so little.
Very true. Pixel art is about making stuff look better than it actually does (just try and figure that one out!)

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"