[CrunchyOS] am i the only one

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kalan_vod
Calc King

[CrunchyOS] am i the only one

Post by kalan_vod »

ok i am new to asm as some may know and i am running my game in crunchy and everytime i run it, the game gets smaller in size....any clue why or is this spose to happen? could this just be because of the game being in the ram - processor etc. maybee?
thx

p.s. it only happens when i the game is in the ram
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

You probably found a nasty bug. Which game was it?
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Dwedit: something totally unrelated but this may be faster then email..
Do you still have that smoothscrolling routine of yours lying around? To be exact, the routine that redraws the screen every frame, supports masking and this nice wavy effect. I may use it for some little experiment.
Could you mail it to dpkingma@gmail.com?
Thanks

EDIT: I found a piece of code from you over here:
http://forums.unitedti.org/index.php?sh ... =1124&st=0

Is that your latest version?
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

its a game i am making so i did something wierd i guess lol
ill send you it after school today dan.
thx
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

Yep, it's a bug.

BUG: For an ion program in ram, the program size decreases by 4 bytes after running it. The program still contains all the data, only the sizebytes are incorrect.

Why it happens: Whenever you run a ion program that's in ram, the shell removes the first 4 bytes from the program when it runs it, and stuffs those bytes into a temporary file called CRUIONH. Then when it returns to the shell, it inserts the 4 bytes from that file back into the program. Looks like I fogot to update the variable's size after adding the 4 bytes back on.

I'm an idiot for not noticing this sooner.
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

yeah i just helped :P.

did you look at the code dan :) lol is it any good or not?

congrates and ty
phantomofmv

Post by phantomofmv »

As a warning, i used to have crunchy on a calculator, and it completely fried it so i had to get a new one. I would advise against it.
Demon

Post by Demon »

Only three things I hate about Crunchy is that
1) BASIC programs a little quirky.
2) There's no automatic power-off.
3) I keep spelling "Crunchy" C-R-U-N-C-Y.
Other than that, I love it.
"Python has dynamic typing, and dynamic binding, which means that not only does it make a great secretary, it is also pretty damn kinky." --Henry the Adequate

<My Artwork>
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

necropost
Image Image Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

phantomofmv wrote:As a warning, i used to have crunchy on a calculator, and it completely fried it so i had to get a new one. I would advise against it.
And your prof is?

"My friend walked under a ladder, and 15 years later he died in a car wreck!"....
phantomofmv

Post by phantomofmv »

It didnt start cating up untill i put it on there.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

When you suspect a program has caused your calc damage, you really should email the author describing exactly what happened in as much detail as possible so that any problems can be rectified. That said, many people use CrOS and i have never heard of it causing any problems.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

I guess people are just so used to yelling on fora about their problems instead of contacting the people who could fix it because they've been tought by Microsoft and some others that problems are always there to stay, and complaining about in the proper place them will not make any difference whatsoever.

So, welcome to the Internet phantomofmv, where we Do Things Differently(tm) ;) If you have a problem with software, you contact the author to get it fixed.
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Timendus wrote:I guess people are just so used to yelling on fora about their problems instead of contacting the people who could fix it because they've been tought by Microsoft and some others that problems are always there to stay, and complaining about in the proper place them will not make any difference whatsoever.
Heh, there's a pretty obvious bug in WMP11 I reported during the beta that's still in the RTM. :( Not that Microsoft are the only ones to blame, take the infamous soft hyphen bug in Firefox.
phantomofmv

Post by phantomofmv »

I have no problem with crunchy or the author, and i don't even know if crunchy caused the problem, i was just trying to warn people.