MLC: Multi-Platform Language for Calcs

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

CrimsonCasio

MLC: Multi-Platform Language for Calcs

Post by CrimsonCasio »

ok, the MLC release date is rapidly approaching, we're shooting for Jan 1st... its probably not going to be that day but we're going for it anyway ;)

anyway, everyone is working very hard on all the diffrent aspects of the project, Ti and Casio shells, web design, documentation, and generally getting prepared for the big day :) (not to mention that only a very few people in the Casio community know anything about it, and about half of them are on our team ;) )

So be on the lookout for a release around the 1st, we'll be putting together a package that includes everthing you need to try out MLC (emulators included), including a few sample games. A tutorial is also in the works (unfortuantely I am the one doing the site, docs, and tutorial...)

anyway, in the mean time feel free to visit http://dysfunction.earthforge.com/site/ for information, or you can sign up on our forum for the latest updates. (take a look at the screenshots ;) )

(Ive recently become aware of a small graphical problem with the site in Mozilla browsers, please be patient while i attempt to fix it. in the mean time you could use IE to get the full effect)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

That site also does not work correctly in Opera.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

is it anything more than a slight offset of the navbar and a lack of border colors? if you know a workaround to it i'd appreciate it ;) (or i'll just do some browser detection to fix the problems... but i really hate doing that.)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well the links bar is situated in the middle of the page, which i dont think is correct (in Opera).

The source doesnt validate properly at wc3 so maybe you could tidy up that a little?
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Hail Opera and its 'user mode'. :)
CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

dang it... why cant there be just one browser type? :cry:
i'll try fixing up the code, its probably caused from my attempts to patch it for mozillia though unfortunately :(

if that doesnt work: firefox first, then opera (does opera not use the same coords for absolute positioning? that part doesnt seem to make sense...)

anyway, thanks for the help ;)
CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

sorry for the double post ;)

ok, the source should now validate everthing except the background property in the td's, which shouldnt be a problem (and i'll fix it later anyway with css).

mozilla still doesnt work right, what about opera?

my solution at this point is to simply make the borders invisible in mozilla, and then at a later date replace them with graphics. (and also shift some things a bit up and left...) that should do the trick for the time being... if opera doesnt work now it's gona have to wait ;)
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

You shouldn't mix css positioning with tables. It's the worst possible combination. At least try to specify a width among the many properties of the table containing the menu besides the height.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I still doesnt work right in Opera, probably has to do with the table width.
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

The screenshots look promising atleast, like RPL powered language. I don't think the crossplatform will interests lot's of people which seems to be the main aim. I've also seen part of the coding structure, maybe a bit harder to grasp then BASIC. I wonder how it will turn out though, it could mean a revolution!
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

CoBB wrote:You shouldn't mix css positioning with tables. It's the worst possible combination. At least try to specify a width among the many properties of the table containing the menu besides the height.
i know, but i cant figgure out another (effective) way of making the site like i want... :(

*sigh* i'll figgure something out...

@Kozak: well, cross platform isnt the the main aim, its a bonus (lots more programmers making games), its main aim is to be an on calc programmable gaming language. And yeah, the learning curve will be a bit steeper than basic, but much less than ASM, and im always thinking of what someone like kevin could do with this... (i wish he were around...)

btw, our goal is to keep the cross platform requirements to a minimum (meaning that you should have to do very little to make sure your game is 100% compatible), you shouldnt really even have to think about it, it should just happen. :wink:
CrimsoCasio

Post by CrimsoCasio »

Ok, only 2 days past our goal and everything is ready for release :)

our site is up and ive done my best to make it more compatible with non-IE browsers, but i havent been able to test opera (still, i got rid of the positioned table so i think it will be better)

anyway, to download the release version of MLC go to:

http://dysfunction.earthforge.com/?p=mlc-release.php

i hope you like it :)
(the casio community has shown a great deal of intrest in the ~10min since i posted there, but then they do have a great deal more to gain ;) )
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Is there a ti83+ version? I thought Madskillz and The Unknown One were developing this one. Only a very few here have a ti86.
CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

no, there is no 83 version yet because we dont have a 83 programmer with enough experiance (or time) to port the 86/AFX versions... if anyone here wants to sign on for the 83 version you'll have the full support of our group, and access to what work we have been able to do on it... but for now the 83 version is on hold while we try to find someone to compleat it :(
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I was going to just port the 86 code...I just am crunched on time! I am balancing schooling and work...plus all the stuff around the house. I have also been sick and feeling pretty crappy lately. Oh well...I can port the 86 code once I get the time, but if anybody else wants too...go right ahead.
The Revolution is here...