A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

StarCraft

Post by Guest »

Whatever happened to it?
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

I suggest a renovation: for Nintendo DS. Think about it. PC-like mouse representitive control. Wireless multiplayer. Tap the building you want to build, then tap where to build it.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

I think he means the calculator version. But yes, a DS version would be quite nice.
ImageImage
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Due not doable feature's and lack of ASM skills of the maker it was canceled :)
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

It was looking promising until the first app release, which was absolutely unplayable. Key was very weak, it was impossibly slow, and it crashed my calc after a few minutes.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

who wants to play starcraft vs Kali =D ?
my Battle.net doesnt work :(
says the key intended for other product
Life is getting better.
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Nah, play Starcraft over Heat.net. Those were great times, too bad they had to stop.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I never played StarCraft online ... actually i havent played it in ages!
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

Duck wrote:Nah, play Starcraft over Heat.net. Those were great times, too bad they had to stop.
why?
Life is getting better.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Yeah, SC for the DS.. mm. Only problem is that a mouse is multi-functional; a touchpad is a bit different, since the mouse has two buttons plus movement.. movement and pressing is all done by the touchpad, so there'd haev to be a weird workaround.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Shadow Phoenix wrote:
Duck wrote:Nah, play Starcraft over Heat.net. Those were great times, too bad they had to stop.
why?
Heat.NET was an (online) program that allowed playing any game that supports LAN multiplayer over the internet. There were (sub)chatrooms for each game, an when the game was launched a virtual LAN network was made between the participating chatters. Within the game, each simply selected LAN multiplayer and you were in. Even the very old games like C&C1, Warcraft1 and Doom could be played over the internet like this. Thats why its a shame they stopped ;)
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

DarkAuron wrote:Yeah, SC for the DS.. mm. Only problem is that a mouse is multi-functional; a touchpad is a bit different, since the mouse has two buttons plus movement.. movement and pressing is all done by the touchpad, so there'd haev to be a weird workaround.
So you just hold one of the buttons on the unit for right-click, for example, L1 or someting.
ImageImage
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yes i imagine that would be the best solution.

I picture the map, building progress, stats and quees on the top screen, the action and tabs (which hide) for contruction on the bottom touch screen :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

Duck wrote:
Shadow Phoenix wrote:
why?
Heat.NET was an (online) program that allowed playing any game that supports LAN multiplayer over the internet. There were (sub)chatrooms for each game, an when the game was launched a virtual LAN network was made between the participating chatters. Within the game, each simply selected LAN multiplayer and you were in. Even the very old games like C&C1, Warcraft1 and Doom could be played over the internet like this. Thats why its a shame they stopped ;)
I mean why was it closed =D
and there is a Starcraft apllication in PROGRESS and it looks cool, but no AI yet. version .6
Life is getting better.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Speaking of getting alternate ways to play online gaming, I wish someone would make private servers for Earth & Beyond, now that EA isn't hosting servers anymore. And since it's a MMORPG, it's unplayable now. I hate EA for that :evil:
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194