Pokemon Red and Blue Ports

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

tifreak8x
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by tifreak8x »

Like I said, I was unsure. I know some asm for the z80, I just had so much trouble getting the compiler to work, and some of the concepts stumped me, so I gave up...
http://tifreakware.net - Connecting TI communities
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

aka dont use lowercase letters in BASIC projects unless you only have a few text.
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
thegamefreak0134
Extreme Poster

Post by thegamefreak0134 »

I will definately be using lowercase letters. However, in all of the screenshots I gave, the original game called for all caps, so I kept to the original. Most actual taling done in the game will include lowercase lettering, and if I implement nicknames you will be able to use them in the names.

As for the moves, I do not intend to do any "fixing". I said true to the original, and that means any errors the original authors made as well. I have a nice reference of moves that has how the game handles every move, including moves that are handled incorrectly.

-thegamefreak0134

*EDIT* Oops, I lie. Sorry... OK, so the pokedex needs to be in lowercase. I will definately fix that in the game.
Last edited by thegamefreak0134 on Tue 14 Feb, 2006 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not mad, just a little crazy.

DarkNova - a little side project I run.
Paul the Avenger

Post by Paul the Avenger »

tifreak8x wrote:... had so much trouble getting the compiler to work, and some of the concepts stumped me, so I gave up...
Welcome to my world.
thegamefreak0134
Extreme Poster

Like I said, I was unsure. I know some asm for the z80, I just had so much trouble getting the compiler to work, and some of the concepts stumped me, so I gave up...
Try appdev. It will let you create asm programs without having to worry about things like the header, which makes it a lot easier to compile. Also, it works for regular asm programs as well as apps. I am using it for this project, as it is the only compiler I've ever gotten to work. (Of course, I hear BRASS is much better, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm happy with what works. :lol: )

-thegamefreak0134

PS: I designed a missingno. sprite. Have a look:

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Looks good, just like the org. IMO.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Why couldn't you use lowercase letters? They are the same number of bytes and take the same amount of time.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

>< you're gonna add MISSINGNO. too? Heh :wink: So are you gonna make it so that it corrupts the game as well? :P
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

currahee wrote:>< you're gonna add MISSINGNO. too? Heh :wink: So are you gonna make it so that it corrupts the game as well? :P
I hope not :P
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

MISSINGNO. never corrupted my game, he just gave me hundreds of rare candies. :roll:
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

DarkAuron wrote:MISSINGNO. never corrupted my game, he just gave me hundreds of rare candies. :roll:
same. But I think if you catch him, he can corrupt the game.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

I thought it'd just corrupt my savegame. It ended up destroying my Pokemon Red catridge. I wasn't very happy :( I still had the Pokemon Yellow catridge to fall back on but it isn't as easy performing the trick.
Hundreds of rare candies? How about hundreds of Master balls? :wink:
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

How about hundreds of nuggets :). The only thing that got corrupted in mine was my Hall of Fame.
thegamefreak0134
Extreme Poster

For the record, Missingno. has never messed up my game. In fact, this is impossible due to the very nature of the ROM (Read Only Memory) that the game data is stored on. It is impossible for this to happen during normal (or glitchy) gameplay. Messing up the save file is, however, perfectly possible. Catching a Missingno, and especially putting that Missingno. in a computer box will mess up a lot of stuff. Mainly, you will get corrupted or lost pokemon. Catching a ####M#### isn't nearly as dangerous. Catch the first one and give it exp and you get a lv. 1 kangaskhan. Better yet, it has flying and water moves. Also, the second ####M#### that appears after it becomes a ditto immediately, with the same move set i believe. However, storing a ####M#### before it evolves will have similar effects to storing a Missingno. And of course, saving the game at all with either in your party will potentially mess some other stuff up.

What I know for certain it does do is mess up the Hall of Fame records. Just either one will do that and do the 6th item multiplyer trick. I do intend to include both forms of missingno, and I do intend to do the item trick. However, my version of the game will treat missingno like an everyday pokemon (without a pokedex entry) and will thus not endanger your game.

I think I know my missingno glitch. Oh, and to the late lowercase protester above, I do intend to use it.

-thegagefreak0134

currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

This might be looking too ahead into the future but after RS, do you intend to rm Yellow and the GSC games as well? (Time is a bit of a problem, but i'm sure something can be done with the built in clock for the 84+)