Hi

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

cjgone

Hi

Post by cjgone »

I rediscovered some of the old forums I used to visit when I programmed my calculator! Good memories. :modest:
Last edited by cjgone on Fri 10 May, 2024 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: Hi

Post by benryves »

Hello cjgone. :) Glad to hear you're still around! Have you been up to anything interesting recently?
cjgone

Post by cjgone »

Hey Ben, glad to see that you're still around as well! Now I'm curious on who else still lurks around these forums. :D

While I no longer program my calculator, I started coding in my free time again after a long hiatus where I only programmed for work.

These days, I've been mostly interested in web development which I started learning about 3 years ago. I'm currently working on a simple project for myself that allows me to search through and annotate the sleep data from my fitness tracker (example: filter days where I slept less than 5 hours). Frontend is in Typescript + React, backend is in NodeJS + Typescript. It has been fun and I've learned a lot!

My interests are somewhat sporadic though: I've been very curious about low level electronics lately and I'm hoping to finally get some time to finish reading about electricity & magnetism and a book on basic electronics/circuits that I never got a chance to learn about. I wrote quite a bit of z80 assembly back in the day, but never thought much about the underlying hardware. :shockedsad:
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

A few people still check in here from time to time but I'd say Cemetech seems to be about the most active calculator-adjacent website these days.

That does sound fun and a useful and interesting project you've been spending time on. :)

I find having programming for work rather saps my energy for it at home, but at least my personal projects tend to be very different to my work ones (I do web development for work, though it's mostly PHP and JavaScript, so a bit more old-school). I do also find working on tangible, physical projects quite rewarding so having a few electronics projects ticking over in the background keeps me sane! Do you think you'll build something?