Goodbye forums.

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

When GTA be finished, I won't be around here too much. I won't completely leave tho- I'll prolly update Dr. Snipe 2 stuff in the off-topic section and continue checking on new calc games I wanna play. 8) Maybe sometime I'll port the original Dr. Snipe to z80 calculators.
bananas... o.o
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

O_O Goodbye kms375 ... it will be sad to see you go. Hopefully you do stick around on irc like you said :(.

Actually Spengo, porting Dr. Snipe would be a great project.
Last edited by tr1p1ea on Wed 01 Jun, 2005 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Everyone needs a break from time to time. :)
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I hope nobody else want to leave, otherwise it will be a disaster for the z80 community :cry:
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Well, I'll be here. 8)

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

I have posted a somewhat long entry on my leaver at my blog-site ( http://kms375.dyndns.org/ ). If you have any questions you can post them here and I will answer.

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Too bad to see you go :cry: I guess this also means that Pongwars and your secret RPG is now defunct :( , I still hope to see you around on #tcpa and maybe sometimes forums though
chronoflare

Post by chronoflare »

Things here have changed since I have left. MaxCoderz isnt what it used to be. Well good bye koolmansam375, and the best of luck to you.
Long retired from this forum. For all of those who are still coding here back from the days I posted, rock on.
If you are interested to see what I am working on now go to http://www.axulyon.com/
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

Hmm... it seems that the mods are back and are cleaning things up a bit. Also DA seems to have calmed down.

So Im not really "gone" from the forums now, just not here as much as I was. I just hope the "immature" posting stops.

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Ok as you might know I am not as much active in the TI community, but I still have some ideas for new games, I just need to improve them. No I'm not stopping programming and I'm not leaving, but the reason why I am posting in this topic is because its also related to the lack of maturity in the TI community (at ticalc.org, not maxcoderz this time) and I dont want to create a new topic just for that. I just want some suggestions, no bad comments, NO flames and no trolling though

If I ever release another finished product in the future at ticalc.org I am thinking about asking ticalc.org to not feature it at all. Why? Because despite of a few good comments (which are mostly coming from cacgames.org, EPS, MaxCOderz and some others), all this involve is the same discussions that we alerady seen over and over for many years: a BASIC vs. ASM debate, so I see no point of having a game featured at ticalc.org if this only involve a flame fest toward BASIC programming/ers, a debate about if the game should be ported to asm, comments saying the game should be made smaller with less features (which is dumb since this would flood ticalc.org with more crappy BASIC games), and trolling leading to spamming, basically the same thing you saw in the ticlac.org april fools joke of this year. This just boost my download stats by 2000-3000, nothing else. So thats what I am thinking to do, another solution would be to ask ticalc.org to not allow ppl to comment on the news article, but I dunno if they can do that with their system (with my site I can I just have to lock the topic). There is another solution: not read the comments page, but the problem is that other BASIC programmers might read it and be offended too, so why allowing discussion here if this is going to cause more trouble than benefits? If you have any other suggestions (besides the "Thing-I-Know-ASM-Programmers-Will-Suggest-Me" which 50 people alerady told me since last year) feel free to post them here
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Why would you request special treatment? If you're not satisfied with ticalc, don't upload your files to them.
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Actually, he's kind of requesting anti-special treatment, he doesn't want to be featured, so he wants his games to seem like any other game when you are on the front page...
Shaun
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

no actually I want to prevent anymore Anti-BASIC discussions
Leumas
Extreme Poster

Post by Leumas »

I think that is fair. I used to watch Patori get really miffed in school and show me a couple of those discussions. Some were actually quite funny.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1
MetalHead25
Extreme Poster

Post by MetalHead25 »

you and Patori go to the same school?
I WORSHIP THOSE WHO LIKE METAL

'MY OTHER RIDE IS YOUR MOM....'
ImageJeff Hanneman-Slayer (1991 Black Magic Video)