Visual Studio 2005 Beta Express

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

chronoflare

Visual Studio 2005 Beta Express

Post by chronoflare »

Microsoft has just done something incredible. Visual Studio 2005 Beta Express
That's right they are giving out Express Betas of VS2005 for free and you can use them for commercial stuff. As in sellable stuff. Microsoft you should just be a development company the world would be a lot happier.
Chronoflare complementing Microsoft... Is it the end?
Long retired from this forum. For all of those who are still coding here back from the days I posted, rock on.
If you are interested to see what I am working on now go to http://www.axulyon.com/
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

This is pretty old news, as far as I know (I know people have been using the beta for quite a while). It's only recently that non-US residents can order the software via post though. Anyway, Microsoft's compilers are free! It's just the IDE that costs money - and it's worth it too. :)
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Yes, this is at least 8 months old by now...
ImageImage
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

what!? I gotta be checking / . more often

*downloads Visual C++ (and maybe VB) Studio*

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
FrostFusion

Post by FrostFusion »

I have had this stuff for like 3 weeks now. I got everything for the hell of it
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

The express editions are pretty cool, but I think they are limited in some ways. I toyed around with them a little bit when they first started releasing them. Also (don't know if this is old news), but you can get the VS 2005 betas for free. I'm pretty sure this is the whole visual studio package, not just the individual pieces, and you get it on a cd/dvd. Here's the link.
chronoflare

Post by chronoflare »

Yea I am getting that too but the reason this is not 8 monthes old is because this is Beta 2. The other one was Beta.
Long retired from this forum. For all of those who are still coding here back from the days I posted, rock on.
If you are interested to see what I am working on now go to http://www.axulyon.com/