[Staff] Grayscale Slippy Is in finally finished!

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured products are not products of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Im playing it again, its quite good. I don't see the problems anymore. Are you defineing what calc you are building for or did you make a change, i don't see the screen now.

Anyway, these levels seem to get harder and harder...Im stuck on 8 now.

Edit: I think I need a hint.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

@Jim: What screen?

Lvl. 8? Lett me see... Ah :) try to get those cubes in the upper screen. Also, the coin the rightupper corner can be take when you clear the hole in the leftdown corner :)
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

I tried clearing the left down corner but it wouldn't let me take it, like I ran into a wall.

This one eludes me, I need 1 block of ice to get to the coin on the upper right, one to get to the bunch of coins, another just to get into the upper right room, and another to get to the upper center room. But since I need access to the other ice blocks I need one to get to the bottom left, one to get to the bottom centter. But Im only given 7 ice blocks...fucking with my head.

Damn game, I won't be beaten by 4 colors. :x
@Jim: What screen?
I created an extra routine called FreqHandle. Its the equivialant of gsSetFreq except its only for the 83p(more specifically it will only show on silver edition.) From my 84 it looks like interrupts need to be less frequent than on the 83pse, Good and bad news really. Good if you need more cpu speed, bad if you want less blurry motion. But since your game isn't smooth scrolling its perfect for it. You should add an #if 83P to your code that would call FreqHandle at the start of the game.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Darn, I see what you mean... it's a "bug", cause normaly you should be able to teleport from the downside to the top... however, the coin "is blocking" the way, which means I have to adjust the level... i'll make a new version in a sec ...
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Ok. I fixed some bugs. 1.3 is available at the same location... ( http://kvince83.tengun.net/private/Slippy.zip )

Jim, if you don't want to replay all levels, you can recompile the game and set the maxlevel in the include.inc to 8 so you can start out at lvl 8 :)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Cheats! :D.

This uses RGP right? But the screenie at ticalc shows the nterrupt frequency chooser from Ducks package?
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

*sigh*...still stuck on 8, I can't believe I'm getting pwned like this. I'm gonna cheat soon.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

tr1p1ea wrote:Cheats! :D.

This uses RGP right? But the screenie at ticalc shows the nterrupt frequency chooser from Ducks package?
old screenie. I was too lazy to make a new one :roll:
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Cool game, though I lack the brain power for it (I'm stuck on level 3...) :D
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

OMG OMG OMG

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/art ... 38579.html

@Jim E: No wonder you can't finish the 8th lvl... a block is missing... I need to fix that. But before releasing the (hopefully) last version (1.4), i will check all other maps, so I can say for sure that the game is finishable.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

kv83 wrote:@Jim E: No wonder you can't finish the 8th lvl... a block is missing...
I hate you... :evil:
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Jim e wrote:
kv83 wrote:@Jim E: No wonder you can't finish the 8th lvl... a block is missing...
I hate you... :evil:
"Insane in my brain" :insane: :lol:
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hey, congrats on the feature kv83! Must be nice to know your owrk is appreciated.

Might even be a show for POTY! :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

tr1p1ea wrote:Hey, congrats on the feature kv83! Must be nice to know your owrk is appreciated.

Might even be a show for POTY! :).
Nah, honestly. I really appreciate that it's featured. But to be honest, it didn't really deserved to be featured... well, maybe because of the "retro"-aspect, but besides that... :) It won't stand a chance at the POTY, but maybe my new project will/would :evil:
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

yes, I just noticed the feature. Great job making this game. It does deserve the feature. :)
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image